March 25, 2012


His feet don't come close to touching yet.


We set up the stander for Isaac. The Dr's in the NICU told us that these were no longer recommended because they can cause walking issues, but I turned a deaf ear. Isaac loves being upright and is enthralled with the stander. Standers remind me of little command centers. I can just picture God up in the clouds in something similar.
SERIOUSLY, they're recommending not to use these ALSO? Wow. I'm sorry, but the people making these recommendations have obviously never had a baby that WANTS to be upright and involved in the world, but just isn't able to do it themselves yet. I don't know what I would have done without Nathan's jumper thing (especially since we got it right after my appendectomy, when I couldn't carry or snuggle him!) He would have been on his back ALL THE TIME (and he HATED being on his back!) Good heavens, people - everything in moderation, can't we just agree that's the best course? ;) (And I love the idea of them as command centers, so true! And Isaac is ADORABLE in his!)
ReplyDelete